Go to section Main
Go to sectionEducation
Go to sectionResearch
Go to sectionClinic
Ask your question can be via the feedback form.
Go to page
Full list of contact details of departments and heads of departments of the University.
Training of foreign students at the State budget institution of higher education "North-Western State Medical University named after I.I. Mechnikov" under the Ministry of Public Health of the Russian Federation was started in 1947.
Training of foreign students at the Faculty is carried out in accordance with the national and international standards of higher medical education.
The educational level of graduates and their diplomas are recognized by the General Medical Council in many countries (India, Sri Lanka, United Kingdom of Great Britain, Jordan, USA, Middle East, etc.).
For the international scientific society NWSMU named after I.I. Mechnikov provides a wide range of educational services:
· undergraduate programs for graduates in the following specialties: "General Medicine", "Preventive Medicine", "Dentistry"; Master degree program
· training programs for postgraduate studies (Clinical Residency, PhD study);
· various forms of internships and professional development;
· pre-university training programs (Preparatory Department).
Information for foreign applicants
Thank you for choosing North-Western State Medical University named after I.I. Mechnikov, St. Petersburg, Russia.
Below you will find necessary information regarding applying procedures for 2016.
Please be informed that according to its License the University is bound to provide the medical education in Russian only.
If you wish to apply to our University you should provide the following documents via e-mail: Evgeniya.Belogurova@szgmu.ru
1. Certified copy of Certificate of Education approved by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the applicant’s country with notary approved translation into Russian;
2. Copy of all pages of National Passport with notary approved translation into Russian;
3. Application form for Visa.
Minimum entry requirements exist as a guide to the level of education required to study on each course. The University you apply to will decide if your qualifications meet these requirements when considering your application. It is important to realise that the University's decision is likely to be based on your overall suitability for the course and not only on whether you meet the minimum entry requirements. If you need a visa to come to the Russia to study, the University will need to see the relevant qualifications required for entry to the course before you can go ahead with your visa application. Be prepared, therefore, to send us any additional information on request.
One of the first steps that you should take is to check that the qualifications you hold recognized in Russia and that they would be considered by higher education institution as being suitable for entry into Russian higher education.
Upon reviewing applicant’s copies of National Passport, Certificate of Education and Application form, we apply for Federal Migration Service and applicant’s Invitation is expected to be ready within 30 days (1 month). This Invitation can be handed to a applicant’s representative provided he/she has a notary right to do so or can be sent via express post provided the service expenses are covered by the recipient. Please note that the University is not obliged to cover any expenses regarding post service.
Note: Candidates applying for preparatory course are to provide a receipt stating the payment of state tax 800 Rubles for Invitation. The receipt can be provided by applicant’s representative.
For any further information concerning migration issues you can contact Migration Office of the Foreign Students Department: +7-812-543-25-44; (812) 303-50-81..
Upon arrival a candidate applying for University is to ungergo admission tests on the following subjects: Russian, Chemistry and Biology. The tests are in the written form.
Foreigners are expected to provide their documents from 20th June till 05th August 2016.
When candidates arrive to University they are to be registered with the Migration Office of the Foreign Students Department (Office 12 Foreign Students Department Block 32 Piskarevsky prospect 47 St. Petersburg, Russia).
Upon arrival an applicant is to be registered with the Migration Office. In order to be registered an applicant provides the following documents on the 1st day of arrival (except for Saturdays and Sundays)
· National Passport;
· Certified copy of National Passport with a notary translation into Russian;
· Migration card with a Passport Control Service stamp stated when crossing the boarder of the Russian Federation;
· Ticket proving the date of arrival in Russia;
· 6 photoes 3x4 cm black and white or colour;
· For applicants aged under 18: parental letter of consent, a certified copy of parent’s passport with a notary translation in Russian, a certified copy of Applicant’s Birth Certificate with a notary translation into Russian. A letter of consent shall grant a right to sign the contracts and agreement for education and accommodation and extra educational services.
Below you can find information on annual fees
207 000 Rubles per annum for General Medicine 2016
184 000 Rubles per annum for Preventive Medicine 2016
244 000 Rubles per annum for Stomatology 2016
106 000 Rubles per annum for Master Degree 2016
Annual fees: Dormitory for 2016
For foreign students – 34800 Rubles per annum
Annual fees: Insurance for 2016
Medical insurance – 4500 Rubles per annum
If a candidate fails the admission tests or needs intensive course on Russian, he/she may apply for Preparatory Course, where the Russian language and Russian terminology of the main disciplines studied at the 1st year of Medical and Pharmaceutical universities (physics, chemistry, biology) are reviewed.
Preparatory course is a full-time course. Annual fee for 2014 preparatory course: 130 000 /140000Rubles per annum.
· We attract your attention that after arriving to Russia for admission to the University, it is necessary to come to the Dean Office of the Faculty of foreign students, room12 (32 building 1st floor) no later than the day following the entry and carry with you:
· Passport with a stamp of the date of border crossing (Checkpoint stamp);
· Visa (for visa entry);
· Migration card with a stamp (Checkpoint stamp) on the date of border crossing;
· Notarized translation of the passport of the Russian Federation (for citizens with visa- free entry);
· Photos - 3x4, 6 pcs. (black and white or colored);
· letter of consent from parents, a copy of the passport of the parent who signed the letter, and a copy of the birth certificate for entrant to the University with mandatory notarized translation into Russian (if at the time of documents submission the applicant is under age of 18). Letter of consent entitles minor applicants to sign all concluded contracts (contract for training, contract for hostel accommodation, contract on provision of additional educational services).
· tickets (if necessary may be asked to clarify the arrival date).
During the period of entrance examinations foreign applicants can live in the University hostel at Piskarevskiy pr. 47/45. The hostel consists of units with 8-9 rooms, where 2-3 persons live in a room. There is a kitchen, showers and toilets in a unit. As well as they are provided with bedclothes. The Contract for hostel accommodation concluded between entrant and the University regulates the order of payment, the rights and duties of the parties, responsibility of the parties. Accommodation at the University hostel is possible under conditions of 100 % advance payment according to the price list for applicants and after health check-up in the University health center.
Deputy Dean - Evgeniya A. Belogurova
Tel: +7 (812) 303-50-81, fax: +7 (812) 303-50-35
Address: 195067, Russia, Saint-Petersburg, Piskarevskiy pr., 47, building 32.
Department of foreign students
Working hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00 - 17:30
© 2014 North-Western State Medical University named after I.I. Mechnikov