FAQ General Medicine


How to apply to MD course in General Medicine - what documents should I provide?

List of documents required for admission for foreign citizens:

  1. Application for admission to training
  2. Consent to the processing of personal data.
  3. Identity document (passport), with a notary translation
  4. Education document (Certificate / diploma with attachment), with a notarized translation (legalization of the document, if necessary)
  5. Certificate of marriage / divorce / change of name, with a notarized translation (if necessary)
  6. Medical certificate 086 /У (if any)
  7. Migration and visa documents with a notarized translation (if the applicant is on the territory of the Russian Federation)
  8. Certificate of recognition of foreign education (if necessary)
  9. Statement of consent to enrollment


Deadline for submitting documents?

Acceptance of documents from September 14 to October 15, 2021


Do I need to take entrance exams? When will they start in 2021?

Yes, you need to pass entrance examinations: in chemistry and biology. The term of entrance examinations is from October 20, 2021 to October 27, 2021.


Are the results of the Prometric international exam for doctors accepted in Russia?

No. According to the Admission Rules, you must pass the entrance exams, which are held at the University.



Enrollment of foreign citizens is carried out from October 28 to October 30, 2021.


Do I need to apply for a preparatory course?

In the Preparatory Course, classes are held in Russian, this is mainly for foreign citizens who want to apply and study in Russian.


What is the minimum passing score?

The minimum passing score according to the admission rules is 50 in chemistry and 50 in biology.


When will training begin in 2021?

The beginning of the academic year - November 1, 2021


Will there be an Open Day in English for international students?

The Open Day (31 March 2021) will be in Russian. The record will be saved.

For foreigners, information on the admission rules is posted on our website, as well as in the "Frequently Asked Questions" section.


Does the training take place entirely in English? In what language will the practical classes be?

Partly; Years 1-3 are expected to be in English, and years 4-6 in Russian.

Accordingly, the 1st-3rd years are in English. Years 4-6 - in Russian.


Is practical training at medical institutions included in the curriculum?

Yes. But for the first two years, training will take place at the University's simulation center.


Does the curriculum for the English-language program match the program for Russian students?

The approved curriculum for General Medicine, partially implemented in English, differs for students of 1-2 years in that the program of studying Russian language is expanded. The sequence of studying of some disciplines and practices is partially changed.


What is the tuition fee for the 2021 academic year? Does the cost change depending on the course, and are there any discounts?

The cost of educational services can be increased taking into account the inflation rate provided for by the main characteristics of the federal budget for the next fiscal year and planning period.

The Regulation on the procedure for reducing the cost of paid educational services and providing installment (deferral) payments to students, you can find on the official website of the University at https://szgmu.ru/rus/m/577  (item 29).


I am a 1-2-3-4-5 year English speaking student at X Medical University, and I would like to transfer to your University for a General Medicine. What are the terms of the transfer?

We started MD course in General Medicine, which is implemented partly in English, only in 2020. We have made the first enrollment of students for the 2020-2021 academic year, and they only study for the first year.  In other words, there is no second year of study yet.

Thus, in 2021/2022 ac. year you can transfer only to the second year of study.

The difficulty in transferring is that the start of your studies begins in November (due to COVID-19 situation)

To be considered for transfer, you must submit a Certificate of Study Period, which lists all the disciplines and practices. If the discrepancy is not more than 10 credits units for students in educational programs for the Federal State Educational Standard 3++ or 15 credit units on FSES 3+ and documents, on the basis of which you can assess compliance with the migration regime.


What documents should I provide for transfer and who should I contact?

You can contact the Department of planning and organization of the educational process oup@szgmu.ru

Information on transfer procedure is posted on the website https://szgmu.ru/rus/s/310/


What qualifications will I receive after completing my General Medicine course?

Medical Doctor.


What language is the diploma issued in?

It is supposed to be in English.


What is accreditation?  Do I have to be accredited?  Is accreditation in English?

  1. Accreditation of a specialist is a procedure for determining whether a person who has received medical, pharmaceutical or other education meets the requirements for carrying out medical activity in a particular medical specialty or pharmaceutical activity. (Art. 69 of the Law No. 323-FZ).
  2. Accreditation is a voluntary procedure. At the same time, it is necessary to understand that the successful passage of accreditation / certification is a prerequisite for admission to professional activity.
  3. Accreditation is carried out only in Russian.